Qualified and experienced Business Development Manager in Redditch
Salary – £30,000 – £35,000 plus car allowance, bonus plus excellent benefits package
If you’re an experienced Business Development Manager within Apprenticeships levy and non-levy and looking for an exciting new role, we need to speak to you!
New Way Recruitment Services are currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to work for a well-established Training Provider.
The main purpose of this role is to secure Apprenticeship levy opportunities with new employers.
- To lead the engagement of new employers in becoming new customers
- To attend employer meetings and visits to secure business opportunities
- To optimise the volume of learner recruitment for employers, with a focus on levy payers
- To generate new business opportunities in line with organisational priorities, including new programmes and products
- To undertake account management of large accounts
- Ensure the monthly recruitment targets are achieved
- Develop and manage senior level relationships with employers, whilst also mapping all other key operational relationships to ensure full business engagement
- Achieve all key account development targets and objectives, including; revenue, profit and quality metrics.
- Identify, engage and develop new business development opportunities with SME employers.
- Identify, engage and develop new business development opportunities with large/key account potential levy employers.
- Develop, implement and maintain key account management systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain key account MI enabling reporting on a range of account performance metrics, including; financial and quality.
- Identify and capitalise upon opportunities to cross-sell, up-sell and develop new services to improve revenue and profit from key accounts.
- Develop, write and deliver propositions, proposals and presentations to secure new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good quality relationships with internal stakeholders and teams to ensure fulfilment of employer and internal business commitments.
- Inform the development of new propositions, products, services and campaigns through developing market insight/Labour Market Intelligence.
- Maintain a good working knowledge across the key account team of key changes to Skills policy, funding, contractual requirements and business expectations
- Use the Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA) process to fully understand the needs of new customers and to use the ONA to plan the setup of new employer operations
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the learner recruitment process and other new business opportunities.
- Ensure health and safety vetting and monitoring is undertaken in line with company policy
- Initiate and manage new business campaigns
- Participate in team and company meetings
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process
- Ensure adherence to funding body, inspectorate and awarding body procedures
- Maintain and develop internal and external communications
- Liaise with business development team to source sufficient employer marketing leads
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing senior level B2B relationships
- Senior level relationship development and management, influencing and negotiating
- Developing and maintaining key account management systems and processes, e.g. SLA’s,
- Commercial skills, including developing sales propositions and proposals.
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills, relating to financial and other management information
- Understanding of labour market challenges and opportunities
- Experience in providing business consultancy/advisory, recruitment, training or related services to business
- Knowledge (or the ability to develop knowledge) of Government policy and funding relating to Skills
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Mileage .45 paid from home or nearest centre – when required
- Salary £30,000 – £35,000
- Excellent Bonus